Water and sanitation specialist
As a water and sanitation specialist working for Médecins Sans Frontières you will plan, coordinate, implement and monitor all water, health and sanitation (WHS) activities in the project, including, but not limited to: water supply, excreta disposal, waste management, hygiene, and infection control.
You will work with medical teams to identify WHS needs, and make recommendations for response activities. This can involve providing technical support to the medical team in identifying possible ‘risk factors’ (e.g. behavioural practices, environmental sources of infection, and transmission routes) and offers solutions for infection control. You will also plan and review budgets for the WHS activities in order to identify and give a response to the needs of the mission and the targeted population.
Your skills in cross cultural human resource management and communication will be important, as the role involves providing technical support and coaching to staff under your responsibility.
- Compliance with Essential Criteria for all potential Field Workers
- Qualification in either hydrology, chemistry, civil engineering, geology
- Experience in any of: building wells and boreholes, water quality monitoring, pollution, waste management
- Previous experience in technical aspects of water and sanitation works
- Experience in water filtration techniques
- Experience of WHS in Emergencies
- Public health background or experience
Ready to apply
If you are ready to apply you can start an application using the link below. Allow approximately 1 hour and please have ready your CV and motivation letter.
If you’re not yet ready to apply, use the link below to register to receive updates from our Field Human Resources team including information on upcoming recruitment events.