As a midwife working for Médecins Sans Frontières your ability to deal with women at risk and to respond to emergency situations will be utilised on a regular basis. Your experience in both complicated and normal deliveries will be essential.
As part of Médecins Sans Frontières' commitment to reducing mortality, morbidity and suffering, your role may vary from setting up a maternal and child health department in a small rural clinic, to establishing a program to respond to sexual violence within a refugee population, to treating patients in an urban hospital. Your role will also include ensuring access to safe abortion care.
- Compliance with Essential Criteria for all potential Field Workers
- At least two years of experience as a midwife
- Experience in antenatal and postnatal care as well as delivery and newborn care
- Demonstrated experience managing high-risk pregnancies and complicated deliveries
- Experience in family planning and mother-child health care
- Willingness to provide care in line with Médecins Sans Frontières policy and protocols in relation to women's health
- Available to work infield for a minimum of 6 months
- Advanced Life Support in Obstetrics course (ALSO)
- Work experience or study in tropical medicine, refugee health or international public health
- Knowledge of STDS and HIV/AIDS
- Available to work infield for 9+ months
All Australian and New Zealand field worker applications are processed through our Sydney office.
Ready to apply
If you are ready to apply you can start an application using the link below. Allow approximately 1 hour and please have ready your CV and motivation letter.
If you’re not yet ready to apply, use the link below to register to receive updates from our Field Human Resources team including information on upcoming recruitment events.