As Hospital Director you will define, implement and supervise the human, material and organisational means to guarantee the security, continuity and quality of health care activities in the hospital, according to MSF protocols, procedures and project objectives, the specificity of the targeted population and the availability of resources.
In your role you will collaborate and coordinate with the medical departments, logistics and finance and administration teams to:
- Define, plan and organize the set up, sizing and budget for the hospital in order to efficiently maintain the continuity of quality of healthcare; and
- Coordinate and supervise the implementation of the healthcare protocols, procedures and standards, assessing the different departments as well as providing technical support for medical doctors, to ensure the quality of medical activities in the health structure and that protocols, security and asepsis rules are followed by the medical personnel
- Plan and supervise the human resources processes (recruitment, training, performance evaluation, development and internal communication) of the medical departments/services of the hospital in order to ensure both the appropriate sizing and the amount of knowledge required, and improve people capabilities, contribution and active participation
- Compliance Essential Criteria for all potential Field Workers
- Fellow of The Royal Australasian College of Medical Administrators or experience as Hospital Director
- Experience managing a hospital or large health facility
- Available to work in the field for 9-12 months
- Experience working with MSF or other NGO’s in developing countries
- Experience in tropical medicine, or post-registration experience in Public Health, obstetrics and gynecology, pediatric, A&E, infectious diseases, HIV/AIDS/STDs, TB, general practice, general medicine or minor surgery
- French and or a local working language would be an asset
READY TO APPLY
If you are ready to apply you can start an application using the link below. Allow approximately 1 hour and please have ready your CV and motivation letter.